|Publishers||R. Narain Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Dr. Reena Gupta & Dr. Daksh Bhatia|
|Subject||Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry – II|
Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry-II
Pharmacognosy and phytochemistry-II for B.Pharm V Semester students studies about a huge rise in the use of phytopharmaceuticals and herbal medicines in recent years, especially in western countries. Traditional medicine, which uses many plant remedies, remains an important (and in some cases, the only) form of treatment in many developing countries, but it is now used increasingly worldwide. People in many countries now want to cure minor health problems with something ‘natural’ and ageing populations have an increasing demand for medicines and foods (‘nutraceuticals’) to help combat the symptoms and problems of ageing. This book defines all knowledge for pharmacognosy to students.
Estimated Delivery for Urban Areas 3 to 4 Days
Estimated Delivery for Rural Areas 5 to 7 Days
Table of Content
- Metabolic pathways in higher plants and their determination
- Brief study of basic metabolic pathways and formation of different secondary metabolites through these pathways- Shikimic acid pathway, Acetate pathways and Amino acid pathway.
- Study of utilization of radioactive isotopes in the investigation of Biogenetic studies.
- General introduction, composition, chemistry & chemical classes, biosources, therapeutic uses and commercial applications of following secondary metabolites
- Phenylpropanoids and Flavonoids
- Steroids, Cardiac Glycosides & Triterpenoids
- Volatile oils
- Iridoids, Other terpenoids & Naphthaquinones
- Isolation, Identification and Analysis of Phytoconstituents
- Terpenoids: Menthol, Citral, Artemisin
- Glycosides: Glycyrhetinic acid & Rutin
- Alkaloids: Atropine,Quinine,Reserpine,Caffeine
- Resins: Podophyllotoxin, Curcumin
- Industrial production, estimation and utilization of the following phytoconstituents
- Basics of Phytochemistry
Salient features include:
- This book creates for public demand is an enormous challenge for all health professionals, many of whom have little specialist knowledge of natural medicines.
- This book is divided multiple chapters which helps to understand various areas of research and practice of medicinal plants.
- We hope that this book will help its readers to understand pharmacognosy better and to consider it as reference for many other preparations.