|Publishers||R. Narain Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Praveen Kumar Dixit, Krishn Kumar Agrawal & Kuldeep Singh|
|Subject||Pharmacology – II|
Pharmacology – II
Pharmacology-II is written as per new PCI syllabus for B.Pharm. third year students. This text book is designed to meet the need of students studying the subject in their fifth semester as per new PCI syllabus. This book is useful for those students who are studying medical, nursing and other health care related courses. In this book various types of bioassays are also elaborated in such a manner so that the learners can easily understand the concepts.
Table of Content
- Electrophysiological Consideration and Renin-Angiotensin System
- Cardiac Glycosides : Introduuction
- Angiotensin & Bradykinin Pharmacology
- Treatment of Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Antiarrhythmic Drugs
- Antihypertensive Drugs
- Hypolipidaemic Drugs
- Angina Pectoris & Antianginal Drugs
- Drugs Affecting Coagulation Bleeding and Thrombosis
- Angiotensin Pharmacology
- Bradykinin Pharmacology
- Histamine & Anti-histaminics
- HT (Serotonin) and 5HT-Antagonists
- Drug Therapy of Migraine
- Drugs Used in Gout
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- Anticancer Drugs
- Basic Concepts in Endocrine Pharmacology
- Anterior pituitaty hormones Analogues and their Inhibitors
- Thyroid Hormones Analogues and Their Inhibitors
- Hormones Regulating Plasma Calcium Level-Parathormone, Calcitonin and Vitamin-D
- Insulin, Oral Hypoglycemic Agents and Glucagon Insulin and Oral Hypoglycemic Agents
- Acth And Corticosteroids
- Androgens and Anabolic Steroids
- Estrogens, Progesterone and Oral Contraceptivs
- Drugs Acting on Uterus
- Types of Bioassay
- Bioassay of Insulin, Oxytocin, Vasopressin, acth, D-Tubocurarine, Digitalis, Histamine and 5-HT
Salient features include:
- Easy to understand style of writing which makes the book a self study material.
- The book has been divided into 33 chapters covering all the fundamentals, classifications of drugs, mode of actions and detailed pharmacological aspects of every drugs related to cardiovascular system, haemopoetic system, autacoids, urinary system, endocrine system.
- The language of the book on the whole, is easy to understand.
- The current book is a small attempt to discuss the basics of pharmacology – II with the help of diagrams and illustrations.