|Publishers||R. Narain Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Ashish Srivastava & Abhinav Prasoon Mishra|
|Subject||Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry – III|
Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry-III
Availability: In stock
Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry-III for the students of B. Pharm IV semester of various universities of India. This book has been written strictly in accordance with the current syllabus prescribed by Pharmacy Council of India.
Table of Content
- Stereo isomerism
- Optical isomerism – Optical activity, enantiomerism, diastereoisomerism, meso compounds Elements of symmetry, chiral and achiral molecules
- DL system of nomenclature of optical isomers, sequence rules, RS system of nomenclature of optical isomers
- Reactions of chiral molecules
- Racemic modification and resolution of racemic mixture.
- Asymmetric synthesis: partial and absolute
- Geometrical isomerism
- Nomenclature of geometrical isomers (Cis-Trans, E-Z, Syn-Anti systems)
- Methods of determination of configuration of geometrical isomers.
- Conformational isomerism in Ethane, n-Butane and Cyclohexane.
- Stereo isomerism in biphenyl compounds (Atropisomerism) and conditions for optical activity.
- Stereospecific and stereoselective reactions
- Heterocyclic compounds:
- Nomenclature and classification
- Synthesis, reactions and medicinal uses of following compounds/derivatives Pyrrole, Furan, and Thiophene
- Relative aromaticity and reactivity of Pyrrole, Furan and Thiophene
- Synthesis, reactions and medicinal uses of following compounds/derivatives
- Pyrazole, Imidazole, Oxazole and Thiazole.
- Pyridine, Quinoline, Isoquinoline, Acridine and Indole. Basicity of pyridine
- Synthesis and medicinal uses of Pyrimidine, Purine, azepines and their derivatives
- Reactions of synthetic importance
- Metal hydride reduction (NaBH4and LiAlH4), Clemmensen reduction, Birch reduction, Wolff Kishner reduction.
- Oppenauer-oxidation and Dakin reaction.
- Beckmanns rearrangement and Schmidt rearrangement.
- Claisen-Schmidt condensation.
Salient features include:
- The concepts are discussed unit-wise so that material looks concise & attractive. The entire book is divided into five units. Each unit is divided into chapters discussing different topics.
- The uniqueness of the book lies in the fact that the study material is precise & easily acceptable. The words used are easy & simple targeting every class of student.
- Comprehensive coverage of theoretical and equational aspects in organic chemistry relevant to pharmaceutical chemistry.