|Publishers||R. Narain Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Dr. Lokesh Kumar Bhardwaj|
Pharmacognosy Book By RNPD | Pharmacy Series (AS PER PCI ER-2020)
The book entitled “A Text Book of Pharmacognosy” is a sincere effort to arouse the interest of the students in these fast developing branches of Pharmaceutical sciences. This book is written in easily under stable and simply tachy language so that students easily grasp the content which they need, the book is intended as a theory book for the students. The main aim of this subject book is to impart the knowledge of History, sources of drug, classification, scope of Pharmacognosy. This book also includes the study of the generating of plants and phytochemicals, their sources, chemical constituents, therapeutic uses, and also know about traditional systems of medicine, herbal cosmetics, herbs as a health food and fibers and role of aromatic plants in the national economy. So that after completion of the course, the student shall be able to learn and know the modern as well as traditional techniques of isolation, identification of the herbal drugs and phytoconstituents; to understand the role of plants in various fields like health food, cosmetic industry, and academics. This book is also focused to provide the knowledge to D. Pharm. students about Pharmacognosy. All the aspects of the syllabus have been discussed in brief and tried to provide the best information.
Estimated Delivery for Urban Areas 3 to 4 Days
Estimated Delivery for Rural Areas 5 to 7 Days
Table of Content
2. System of Classification of Natural origin
3. Quality control of crude drugs
4. Chemical Nature of Natural drugs
7. Carminativea and Gastrointestinal regulators
9. Drugs acting on Nervous System
13. Antitumor Agents
18. Antiseptics and disinfectants
23. Perfumes and Flavouring Agents
24. Pharmaceutical Aids
25. Miscellaneous drugs
26. Study of Fibres & Surgical Dressings
27. Principles Involved In Alternative System of Medicines
28. Role of Aromatic Plants In National Economy
29. Herbs As A Good Health
30. Herbal Cosmetics
Multiple Choice Question
Salient features include
- The book is designed to meet the needs of diploma in pharmacy students studying for the very first time in their curriculum.
- Thus complexity of the matter has been avoided with a view that complete course content has to be completed by the student in limited time period.
- The subject matter has been presented in a lucid, comprehensive and systematic manner which is easy to understand and also develops writing ability for students to score good marks in upcoming examination.
- Course content has been divided into topic and in chapters form according to curriculum framed by Pharmacy Council of India.