|Publishers||R. Narain Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Dr. Abhay Bhardwaj|
|Subject||Practical Manual of Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry – II|
Practical Manual of Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry-II
A Handbook of Practical Pharmaceutical Sciences in Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry – II which covers almost all experiments prescribed for the B.Pharmacy 3rd Semester Practical subjects as per PCI latest syllabus. Pharmaceutical aspects and experiments are linked to Organic Chemistry, which are need of the hour for B. Pharmacy course. In modern era of science and technology, the usage of Chemistry is an experimental science. Thus, it is important that students of chemistry do Experiments in the laboratory to understand applications of the theories they study in lecture.
Estimated Delivery for Urban Areas 3 to 4 Days
Estimated Delivery for Rural Areas 5 to 7 Days
Table of Content
I Experiments involving laboratory techniques
- Steam distillation
II Determination of following oil values (including standardization of reagents)
- Acid value
- Saponification value
- Iodine value
III Preparation of compounds
- Preparation of Benzanilide from aniline.
- Preparation of phenyl benzoate from Phenol.
- Preparation of Acetanilide from aniline.
- Preparation of 2, 4, 6-Tribromoaniline from Aniline.
- Preparation of p-bromoacetanilide from Aniline.
- Preparation of 5-Nitrosalicylic acid from Salicylic acid.
- Preparation of m-dinitrobenzene from nitrobenzene.
- Preparation of Benzoic acid from Benzyl chloride by oxidation reaction.
- Preparation of Benzoic acid from Alkyl benzoate.
- Preparation of salicylic acid from alkyl salicylate.
- Preparation of 1-Phenyl azo-2-napthol from Aniline by diazotization reaction.
- Preparation of Benzil from benzoin.
- Preparation of Dibenzal acetone from Benzaldehyde.
- Preparation of Cinnammic acid from Benzaldehyde.
- Preparation of P-Iodo benzoic acid from P-amino benzoic acid.
Salient features include:
- The basic principles and theory have been explained in simple, concise and lucid manner. Adequate examples have also been included to enable the students to grasp the subject easily.
- This book contains nine experiments and at the end of each experiment, viva voce question are introduced that will help the students to check their knowledge and self assessment.
- We hope the students studying practical aspects of organic chemistry would be benefitted from this book.
- This practical handbook provides structured guidance to both the lab instructor and the student.