|Publishers||R. Narain Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Dr. Niraj Gupta|
|Subject||Practical Manual of Pharmaceutical Engineering|
Practical Manual of Pharmaceutical Engineering
This practical handbook is structured to gradually give students practice doing various aspects of Pharmaceutical Engineering in which students are engaged in the entire experiments. In this way students experience not only the power that science has to reveal the workings of the natural world but also its limitations, and tentativeness of this knowledge. We believe these aspects of science literacy will help students to use and evaluate scientific knowledge as they make decisions in their personal, professional and civic lives.
Estimated Delivery for Urban Areas 3 to 4 Days
Estimated Delivery for Rural Areas 5 to 7 Days
Table of Content
- Determination of radiation constant of brass, iron, unpainted and painted glass.
- Steam distillation – To calculate the efficiency of steam distillation.
- To determine the overall heat transfer coefficient by heat exchanger.
- Construction of drying curves (for calcium carbonate and starch).
- Determination of moisture content and loss on drying.
- Determination of humidity of air – i) From wet and dry bulb temperatures –use of Dew point method.
- Description of Construction working and application of Pharmaceutical Machinery such as rotary tablet machine, fluidized bed coater, fluid energy mill, de humidifier.
- Size analysis by sieving – To Evaluate size distribution of tablet granulations –Construction of various size frequency curves including arithmetic and logarithmic probability plots.
- Size reduction: To verify the laws of size reduction using ball mill and determining Kicks, Rittinger’s, Bond’s coefficients, power requirement and critical speed of Ball Mill.
- Demonstration of colloid mill, planetary mixer, fluidized bed dryer, freeze dryer and such other major equipment.
- Factors affecting Rate of Filtration and Evaporation (Surface area, Concentration and Thickness/viscosity.
- To study the effect of time on the Rate of Crystallization.
- To calculate the uniformity Index for given sample by using Double Cone Blender.
Salient features include:
- The substantial amount of information is added particularly in all major experiments.
- This book contains thirteen experiments and at the end of each experiment, viva voce question are introduced that will help the students to check their knowledge and self assessment.
- We hope the students studying practical aspects of Pharmaceutical Engineering would be benefitted from this book.
- This practical handbook provides structured guidance to both the lab instructor and the student.