|Publishers||R. Narain Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Nitin Kumar, Gaurav Saxena & Akanksha Samuel|
|Subject||Practical Manual of Biochemistry|
Practical Manual of Biochemistry
Biochemistry is one of the fundamental medico-biological subjects which is very important for general medical education independently on certain physician speciality. The modern notions about pathogenesis of human diseases are based on molecular aspects of the development of the pathological states. Therefore the detailed comprehension of the essence of diseases is impossible without serious research of biochemistry.
Table of Content
- Qualitative analysis of carbohydrates (Glucose, Fructose, Lactose, Maltose, Sucrose and starch).
- Identification tests for Proteins (albumin and Casein)
- Quantitative analysis of reducing sugars (DNSA method) and Proteins (Biuret method)
- Qualitative analysis of urine for abnormal constituents
- Determination of blood creatinine
- Determination of blood sugar
- Determination of serum total cholesterol
- Preparation of buffer solution and measurement of pH
- Study of enzymatic hydrolysis of starch
- Determination of Salivary amylase activity
- Study the effect of Temperature on Salivary amylase activity.
- Study the effect of substrate concentration on salivary amylase activity.
Salient features include:
- This book mainly aims in guiding students to attain proper handling of the glassware’s equipments available in the laboratory and understanding of principle involved in various volumetric methods.
- This book covers almost each category of volumetric analysis in a simplest way. Methodologies of the experiments are represented by diagram/figure for better understanding.
- The book contains calculation and important questions related to the experiments with answer to fulfill the requirements of students.
- The major objective in writing this practical book is to present the information in a lucid condensed manner to fulfill the requirements of students as per PCI Regulations.