|Publishers||R. Narain Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Dr. Sameer Rastogi & Prashant Pandey|
|Subject||Practical Manual of Pharmaceutical Analysis – I|
Practical Manual of Pharmaceutical Analysis-I
Pharmaceutical analysis plays a vital role in evaluation of various drugs sample. Analysis of the compound starts from basic analytical tools i.e. calibration of the glassware’s, handling of the analytical balance, various titration methods, electrochemical methods etc. Thus without basic analytical tools further advanced study is tedious and costly.
Table of Content
- To study various glassware’s used in Pharmaceutical Analysis Laboratory.
- To calibrate pipette, burette and volumetric flask.
- To study the proper handling of Analytical Balance.
- To prepare a standardized 0.1N HCl solution by using Primary standard Na2CO3.
- To prepare a standardized 0.1N NaOH solution by using oxalic acid.
- To prepare a standardized 0.1N HCl by using 0.1N NaOH solution as a secondary standard.
- To prepare a standardized 0.1N H2SO4 by using 0.1N NaOH solution as a secondary standard.
- To carry out assay of Boric Acid.
- To carry our assay of the given sample of Sodium bicarbonate.
- To carry out assay of the given sample of Silver nitrate solution and standardize it against sodium chloride.
- To prepare and standardize 0.1N KMNO4 by using 0.1N oxalic acid.
- To carry out potentiometric titration of strong acid (0.1NHCl) against strong base (0.1 NaOH).
Salient features include:
- This book mainly aims in guiding students to attain proper handling of the glassware’s equipment’s available in the laboratory and understanding of principle involved in various volumetric methods. This book covers almost each category of volumetric analysis in a simplest way.
- Methodologies of the experiments are represented by diagram/figure for better understanding.
- The book contains calculation and important questions related to the experiments with answer to fulfill the requirements of students.
- The major objective in writing this practical book is to present the information in a lucid condensed manner to fulfill the requirements of students as per PCI Regulations.