|Publishers||R. Narain Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Dr. Nitin Agarwal & Nidhi Sharma|
|Subject||Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry – I|
Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry-I
Pharmacognosy as an academic discipline in the last few decades with applications in phytochemical studies and health care management but now days it is almost changed beyond recognition. With the revival of attraction in the field of natural drugs studies, new courses are introduced to educate students of pharmacy and related professions.
Estimated Delivery for Urban Areas 3 to 4 Days
Estimated Delivery for Rural Areas 5 to 7 Days
Table of Content
- Introduction to Pharmacognosy
- Classification of drugs
- Quality control of Drugs of Natural Origin
- Cultivation, Collection, Processing and storage of drugs of natural origin
- Conservation of medicinal plants
- Plant tissue culture
- Pharmacognosy in various systems of medicine
- Introduction to secondary metabolites
- Study of biological source
- Chemical nature and uses of drugs of natural origin containing following drugs
- Plant Products
- Primary metabolites
- Proteins and Enzymes
- Lipids (Waxes, fats, fixed oils
- Marine Drugs
- Practical Manuals
Salient features include:
- Here, our aim to provide a updated knowledge, as well as an overview which any reader or student will find interesting and useful.
- The content covers all basic knowledge of pharmacognosy (the study of natural drugs and their origin).
- This new addition of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry is broadly divided into five units. The various sections are further divided in to sections and subsections for the ease of students and teacher to study deeply.
- All topics are covered and expressed in simple language including examples. Modern concepts are also incorporated in the early stage before they are to be applied in text.