|Publishers||R. Narain Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Ashish Srivastava & Abhinav Prasoon Mishra|
|Subject||Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry – II|
Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry-II
Availability: In stock
Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry deals with general methods of preparation and reactions of some organic compounds. Reactivity of organic compounds is also mentioned in this book. This book emphasizes on mechanisms and orientation of reactions.
Table of Content
- Benzene and its derivatives
- Analytical, synthetic and other evidences in the derivation of structure of benzene,
- Orbital picture,
- Huckel’s rule
- Reactions of benzene – nitration, sulphonation, halogenation- reactivity,
- Friedelcrafts alkylation- reactivity, limitations,
- Friedelcrafts acylation.
- Substituents, effect of substituents
- Structure and uses of DDT, Saccharin, BHC and Chloramine
- Aromatic Amines*
- Aromatic Acids*
- Fats and Oils
- Polynuclear hydrocarbons:
- Structure and medicinal uses of Naphthalene, Phenanthrene, Anthracene, Diphenylmethane, Triphenylmethane
- Cyclo alkanes*
Salient features include:
- This book has been divided into five chapters dealing with Benzene and its derivatives and structure of Fats and Oils, Synthesis, reactions of Polynuclear Hydrocarbon, Stability of cycloalkanes with the help of Baeyer’s strain theory, Coulson and Moffitt’s modification and Sachse Mohr’s theory also discussed with various reactions of cyclopropane and cyclobutane.
- For better understanding and learning the concepts, we have included question bank also named “Test Yourself”.
- Comprehensive coverage of theoretical and equational aspects in organic chemistry relevant to pharmaceutical chemistry.