|Publishers||R. Narain Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Dr. Manoj Katual|
Availability: In stock
Pharmaceutical biotechnology is a relatively novel and progressive field in which the principles of biotechnology are applied to the development of pharmaceuticals. A major part of therapeutic drugs (Approx 38%) in the current market available are biotechnologicals, such as antibodies, nucleic acid products and vaccines, enzymes, hormones, sera. Such bioformulations are developed through several stages that include: understanding the principles underlying health and disease; the fundamental molecular mechanisms governing the function of related biomolecules; synthesis and purification of the molecules; determining the product shelf life, stability, toxicity and immunogenicity; drug delivery systems.
Estimated Delivery for Urban Areas 3 to 4 Days
Estimated Delivery for Rural Areas 5 to 7 Days
Table of Content
- Introduction to Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Enzyme Biotechnology
- Introduction to Protein Engineering
- Uses of Microbes in Industry
- Basic Principles of Genetic Engineering
- Study of Closing Vectors, Restriction Endonucleases & DNA Ligase
- Recombinant DNA Technology
- Application of rDNA Technology & Genetic Engineering
- Brief Introduction to PCR
- Types of Immunity
- Structure of Immunoglobulins
- Structure & Function of MHC
- Hypersensitivity Reactions
- General Method of The Preparation of Products Related to Immunity
- Storage Conditions & Stability of Official Vaccines
- Hybridoma Technology
- Blood Products & Plasma Substitutes
- Immuno-Blotting Techniques
- Genetic Organization of Eukaryotes & Prokaryotes
- Microbial Genetics
- Introduction to Microbial Biotransformation & Applications
- Study of the Production of Penicillins, Citric Acid, Vitamin B12, Glutamic Acid, Griseofulvin
- Blood Products
- Terminology Used In Biotechnology
Salient features include:
- The book starts with a brief history of the discovery and application of biotechnological therapeutic drugs, which were one of the very first to be marketed, and then proceeds to various biotechnology and their widespread use.
- The pharmaceutical companies that have marketed formulations use biotechnology principles such as recombinant DNA technology to design more effective protein-based drugs, such as erythropoietin and fast-acting insulin.
- The book explains how the advances in other areas such as genomics, proteomics and high-throughput screening have paved the way for exploring new avenues of drug discovery.
- In this book various chapters we have laid emphasis on the relevance of the topic and introduced the concepts in simple, easy to understand language.
Amit Kumar –
Excellent and latest informative study…
Perfect Quality Books….!!
Nakul Pandey –
Books are good and easy to understand. As well as process to purchase of books very easy
yadav nitin –
Very nice collection and material is very good according to syllabus language is also easy to understand
Roshni Ahuja –
I like it a lot.