|Publishers||R. Narain Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Irfan Aziz & Akhilesh Pratap Singh|
|Subject||Practical Manual of Social Pharmacy|
Practical Manual of Social Pharmacy
The purpose of writing this book is to make available a qualitative book on “Practical Manual of Social Pharmacy” for the students of D. Pharmacy. This book has been structured in 17 Experiments as per the new syllabus of D. Pharmacy suggested by the Pharmacy Council of India. Each chapter has been written with aim to give a reasonable account of the topic with questions after each experiment for students in a clear and easy manner for viva-voce preparation.
Estimated Delivery for Urban Areas 3 to 4 Days
Estimated Delivery for Rural Areas 5 to 7 Days
Table of Content
1. National immunization schedule for children, adult vaccine schedule, Vaccines which are not included in the National Immunization Program.
2. RCH – reproductive and child health – nutritional aspects, relevant national health programmes.
3. Family planning devices
4. Microscopical observation of different microbes (readymade slides)
5. Oral Health and Hygiene
6. Personal hygiene and etiquettes – hand washing techniques, Cough and sneeze etiquettes.
7. Various types of masks, PPE gear, wearing/using them, and disposal.
8. Menstrual hygiene, products used
9. First Aid – Theory, basics, demonstration, hands on training, audio-visuals, and practice, BSL (Basic Life Support) Systems [SCA – Sudden Cardiac Arrest, FBAO – Foreign Body Airway Obstruction, CPR, Defibrillation (using AED) (Includes CPR techniques, First Responder).
10. Emergency treatment for all medical emergency cases viz. snake bite, dog bite, insecticide poisoning, fractures, burns, epilepsy etc.
11. Role of Pharmacist in Disaster Management.
12. Marketed preparations of disinfectants, antiseptics, fumigating agents, antilarval agents, mosquito repellents, etc.
13. Health Communication: Audio / Video podcasts, Images, Power Point Slides, Short Films, etc. in regional language(s) for mass communication / education / Awareness on 5 different communicable diseases, their signs and symptoms, and prevention.
14. Water purification techniques, use of water testing kit, calculation of Content/percentage of KMnO4, bleaching powder to be used for wells/tanks.
15. Counselling children on junk foods, balanced diets – using Information, Education and Communication (IEC), counselling, etc. (Simulation Experiments).
16. Preparation of various charts on nutrition, sources of various nutrients from Locally available foods, calculation of caloric needs of different groups (e.g. child, mother, sedentary lifestyle, etc.). Chart of glycemic index of foods.
17. Tobacco cessation, counselling, identifying various tobacco containing products through charts/pictures.
Salient features include:
- This book starts with the basic concept and understanding of this subject and this book will help students by providing the detailed but prominent information.
- The objective of making this book the best in segment has been fully achieved by systematic covering new PCI syllabus of this subject.
- We hope students will appreciate this book as resource for appropriate subject knowledge and aid to gain good marks in the examination.