|Publishers||R. Narain Publishers & Distributors|
|Subject||Practical Manual of Physical Pharmaceutics – I|
Practical Manual of Physical Pharmaceutics-I
This practical handbook is structured to gradually give students practice doing various aspects of Physical Pharmaceutics – I in which students are engaged in the entire experiments. In this way students experience not only the power that science has to reveal the workings of the natural world but also its limitations, and tentativeness of this knowledge. We believe these aspects of science literacy will help students to use and evaluate scientific knowledge as they make decisions in their personal, professional and civic lives.
Estimated Delivery for Urban Areas 3 to 4 Days
Estimated Delivery for Rural Areas 5 to 7 Days
Table of Content
- To determine the solubility of an inorganic salt at different temperature.
- To determine the pKa value of a weak acid by titrating it against strong base potentiometrically.
- To determine the partition co-efficient of benzoic acid in benzene and water.
- To establish the partition co-efficient of iodine in distilled water and carbon tetrachloride.
- To determine the critical solution temperature or upper consolute temperature of phenol-water system.
- To determine the surface tension of given liquid by drop count method using stalagmometer.
- To determine the surface tension of a given liquid by drop weight method using stalagmometer.
- To determine the HLB value of a given surfactant.
- To find out the monolayer capacity and specific surface area (area per gram) of given powder (activated charcoal) by adsorption method.
- To determine critical micellar concentration (CMC) of a surfactant using stagmometer.
- To find out the stability constant and donor acceptor ratio of PABA-Caffeine complex by solubility method.
Salient features include:
- The substantial amount of information is added particularly in all major experiments.
- This book contains eleven experiments and at the end of each experiment, viva voce question are introduced that will help the students to check their knowledge and self assessment.
- We hope the students studying practical aspects of Physical Pharmacy would be benefitted from this book.
- This practical handbook provides structured guidance to both the lab instructor and the student.
- The Instructor educates in relevant learning theory and provides teaching notes to help instructors effectively facilitate student centered inquiry and collaborative learning.