|Publishers||R. Narain Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Prashant Pandey & Mansi Singh|
|Subject||Practical Manual of Pharmacology – II|
Practical Manual of Pharmacology-II
The purpose of writing this book is to make available a qualitative book on “Practical Manual of Pharmacology-II” for the students of B. Pharmacy. This book has been structured in 15 Experiments as per the new syllabus of B.Pharmacy suggested by the Pharmacy Council of India. Each practical has been written with aim to give a reasonable account of the topic with questions after each experiment for students in a clear and easy manner for viva-voce preparation.
Estimated Delivery for Urban Areas 3 to 4 Days
Estimated Delivery for Rural Areas 5 to 7 Days
|Dimensions||24 × 16 × 1 cm|
Table of Content
- Introduction to in-vitro pharmacology and physiological salt solutions.
- Effect of drugs on isolated frog heart.
- Effect of drugs on blood pressure and heart rate of dog.
- Study of diuretic activity of drugs using rats/mice.
- DRC of acetylcholine using frog rectus abdominis muscle.
- Effect of physostigmine and atropine on DRC of acetylcholine using frog rectus abdominis muscle and rat ileum respectively.
- Bioassay of histamine using guinea pig ileum by matching method.
- Bioassay of oxytocin using rat uterine horn by interpolation method.
- Bioassay of serotonin using rat fundus strip by three point bioassay.
- Bioassay of acetylcholine using rat ileum/colon by four point bioassay.
- Determination of PA2 value of prazosin using rat anococcygeus muscle (by Schilds plot method).
- Determination of PD2 value using guinea pig ileum.
- Effect of spasmogens and spasmolytics using rabbit jejunum.
- Anti-inflammatory activity of drugs using carrageenan induced paw-edema model.
- Analgesic activity of drug using central and peripheral methods.
- This book starts with the basic concept and understanding of this subject and this book will help students by providing the detailed but prominent information.
- The objective of making this book the best in segment has been fully achieved by systematic covering new PCI syllabus of this subject.
- We hope students will appreciate this book as resource for appropriate subject knowledge and aid to gain good marks in the examination.