|Publishers||R. Narain Publishers & Distributors|
|Subject||Practical Manual of Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry – I|
Practical Manual of Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry-I
This practical handbook is structured to gradually give students practice doing various aspects of Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry – I in which students are engaged in the entire experiments. In this way students experience not only the power that science has to reveal the workings of the natural world but also its limitations, and tentativeness of this knowledge. We believe these aspects of science literacy will help students to use and evaluate scientific knowledge as they make decisions in their personal, professional and civic lives.
Estimated Delivery for Urban Areas 3 to 4 Days
Estimated Delivery for Rural Areas 5 to 7 Days
Table of Content
- Analysis of crude drugs by chemical tests: (i)Tragaccanth (ii) Acacia (iii)Agar (iv) Gelatin (v) starch (vi) Honey (vii) Castor oil
- Determination of stomatal number and index
- Determination of vein islet number, vein islet termination and paliside ratio.
- Determination of size of starch grains, calcium oxalate crystals by eye piece micrometer
- Determination of Fiber length and width
- Determination of number of starch grains by Lycopodium spore method
- Determination of Ash value
- Determination of Extractive values of crude drugs
- Determination of moisture content of crude drugs
- Determination of swelling index and foaming.
Salient features include:
- This practical manual has been especially by according to new syllabus prescribed for B. Pharm Second year IVth Semester as per the directives of Pharmacy Council of India (PCI).
- The compilation of experiment which are too used in understanding the basic principles of pharmacognosy & phytochemistry and also evaluation of drugs.
- Simple and step-by-step procedure and diagram for the identification of unknown drugs for specific activity are given.
- We hope students will appreciate this book as resource for appropriate subject knowledge and aid to gain good marks in the examination.