|Publishers||R. Narain Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Kiran Singh Sharma|
|Subject||Practical Manual of Pharmaceutics|
Practical Manual of Pharmaceutics
The purpose of writing this book is to make available a qualitative book on “Practical Manual of Pharmaceutics” for the students of D. Pharmacy. This book has been structured in 41 Experiments as per the new syllabus of D. Pharmacy suggested by the Pharmacy Council of India. Each chapter has been written with aim to give a reasonable account of the topic with questions after each experiment for students in a clear and easy manner for viva-voce preparation.
Estimated Delivery for Urban Areas 3 to 4 Days
Estimated Delivery for Rural Areas 5 to 7 Days
Table of Content
1. Handling and referring the official references: Pharmacopoeias, Formularies, etc. for retrieving formulas, procedures, etc.
2. Formulation of the following dosage forms as per monograph standards and dispensing with appropriate packaging and labelling
-Liquid Oral: Simple syrup, Piperazine citrate elixir, Aqueous -Iodine solution
-Emulsion: Castor oil emulsion, Cod liver oil emulsion
-Suspension: Calamine lotion, Magnesium hydroxide mixture
-Ointment: Simple ointment base, Sulphur ointment
-Cream: Cetrimide cream
-Gel: Sodium alginate gel
-Liniment: Turpentine liniment, White liniment BPC
-Dry powder: Effervescent powder granules, Dusting powder
-Sterile Injection: Normal Saline, Calcium gluconate Injection
-Hard Gelatine Capsule: Tetracycline capsules
-Tablet: Paracetamol tablets
3. Formulation of at least five commonly used cosmetic preparations – e.g. cold cream, shampoo, lotion, toothpaste etc
4. Demonstration on various stages of tablet manufacturing processes
5. Appropriate methods of usage and storage of all dosage forms including special dosage such as different types of inhalers, spacers, insulin pens
6. Demonstration of quality control tests and evaluation of common dosage forms viz. tablets, capsules, emulsion, sterile injections as per the monographs.
Salient features include:
- This book starts with the basic concept and understanding of this subject and this book will help students by providing the detailed but prominent information.
- The objective of making this book the best in segment has been fully achieved by systematic covering new PCI syllabus of this subject.
- We hope students will appreciate this book as resource for appropriate subject knowledge and aid to gain good marks in the examination.