|Publishers||R. Narain Publishers & Distributors|
|Subject||Practical Manual of Pharmaceutical Microbiology|
Practical Manual of Pharmaceutical Microbiology
Availability: In stock
Microbiology is a science that helps us to improve human lives by providing identification-methods and by suggesting treatment methods for all manner of bacterial infections and diseases. It is one of the most applied branches of science. Its outstanding applications in the field of food microbiology, medical microbiology, industrial microbiology, soil microbiology, and water or wastewater microbiology allow us to use microorganisms for our benefit. ‘Practical Manual of Pharmaceutical Microbiology’ is a practical guide to the application of important molecular biology techniques in microbiological research.
Estimated Delivery for Urban Areas 3 to 4 Days
Estimated Delivery for Rural Areas 5 to 7 Days
Table of Content
- Various instruments used in the microbiology laboratory
- Microscopy: parts, principle, types and usage
- Sterilization by hot air oven
- Steam sterilization
- Culture media: Nutrient broth
- Culture media: Nutrient agar
- Agar plates &slants
- Broth, slant & stab cultures
- Thioglycolate media
- Culture media for fungi
- Motility of given sample of micro organisms
- Fixation of microorganisms for staining
- Simple staining
- Negative staining
- Gram staining
- Acid fast staining
- Endospore staining
- Capsule staining
- Flagella staining
- Streak plate method
- Pour plate method
- Spread plate method
- Antibiotic testing using disk diffusion assay
- Disinfectant activity testing
- Isolation of normal flora
- Effectiveness of hand washing.
Salient features include:
- Every exercise contains the theoretical explanation behind the experiment. The exercises comprise of laboratory safety, handling and operation of various laboratory instruments, microscopy, and preparation of various media, isolation, enumeration and identification of various microbes, staining, antibiotic assays and basic molecular techniques using microbes.
- Each exercise begins with a detailed theory and followed by a detailed step by step procedure. The Interpretation section of each exercise is where the student records important results and conclusions that will enable him or her to prepare for the practical.
- This practical guide collects and explains the most basic techniques used in general microbiology. Mastering these methods will help the students in many other practical disciplines that apply the techniques of aseptic work, sterilization and disinfection, or work with laboratory cultures.
- The series of practical exercises is compiled mainly according to the logic of the exploration and description of the microbial diversity of an environment. Thus, it starts with the description of a microbiological laboratory, preparatory work (sterilization, etc.), environmental sampling, the microscopic investigation of samples, the methodology of culture and phenotypic characterization of strains, and the basic molecular identification techniques.
- The aim of the book ‘Practical Manual of Pharmaceutical Microbiology’ has been to produce a self-contained laboratory manual which will be useful to both experienced practitioners and beginners in the field.
Aman Goel –
Very nice collection and material is very good according to syllabus language is also easy to understand
Shine Perera –
Nice books , simple and easy language.
Very informative book