|Publishers||R. Narain Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Dr. Sameer Rastogi, Dr. Yogesh Murti & Nidhi Srivastava|
|Subject||Practical Manual of Medicinal Chemistry – I|
Practical Manual of Medicinal Chemistry-I
Availability: In stock
The synthesis of pure drug molecules or compounds is important step in the process of drug discovery. The medicinal chemistry subject is concerned with synthesis of organic molecules or compounds to be used as pharmaceuticals hence the careful selection of a particular type of reaction, regents, solvents, catalysts along with optimized reactions conditions are most important.
Estimated Delivery for Urban Areas 3 to 4 Days
Estimated Delivery for Rural Areas 5 to 7 Days
Table of Content
- Laboratory safety
- Safe Handling of Special Chemical Hazards
- Washing and Cleaning Of Laboratory Glas ware
- Synthesis of Benzimidazole from o-Phenylenediamine.
- Synthesis of Benzotriazole from o-Phenylenediamine.
- Synthesis of Aspirin from acetyl chloride.
- Synthesis of Paracetamol from p-amino phenol.
- Synthesis of 1,2,3,4-tetrahydrocarbazole.
- Synthesis of Fluorescein Sodium.
- Synthesis of Barbituric acid from Diethyl malonate.
- Synthesis of Benzylidene acetophenone (Chalcone).
- Synthesis of 2-Phenyl Indole from Phenyl hydrazine.
- Synthesis of Caprolactum from cyclohexanone.
- Synthesis of Phenyl urea from Aniline.
- Synthesis of β-naphthol orange from Sulphanilic acid.
- Synthesis of Phenyl azo β-naphthol from β-naphthol.
- Synthesis of 1- Phenyl-3-Methyl Pyrazole-5-one from Phenyl Hydrazine.
- Synthesis of 4-Benzylidine-2-phenyl oxazole-5-one from Benzoyl glycine.
- Synthesis of 2, 3- diphenyl quinoxaline from benzyl.
- Synthesis of Benzocaine from para-amino benzoic acid (PABA).
- To carry out the assay of Aspirin.
- To carry out assay of Ibuprofen.
- To determine the partition coefficient.
- To determine the Partition Coefficient of Salicylic Acid.
Salient features include:
- The contents of this book provide the information on various laboratory techniques used for isolation, purification & synthesis of organic compounds.
- A brief introductory material provided in the experiments in order to understand the theoretical backgrounds.
- This has been our first attempt to fulfill the needs of undergraduate students of medicinal chemistry practical course.
- The book is written for the fourth semester B Pharmacy students as per the PCI new syllabus.
Pavan Kumar –
Books are good and easy to understand. As well as process to purchase of books very easy
Rinki bhuyan Bapi –
The Books are written by Highly qualified Indian authors as per latest syllabus.