|Publishers||R. Narain Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Dr. Atul Pratap Singh & Satya Prakash|
|Subject||Practical Manual of Hospital & Clinical Pharmacy|
Practical Manual of Hospital & Clinical Pharmacy
The purpose of writing this book is to make available a qualitative book on “Practical Manual of Hospital & Clinical Pharmacy” for the students of D. Pharmacy. This book has been structured in 27 practicals as per the new syllabus of ER-2020 D. Pharmacy suggested by the Pharmacy Council of India. Each chapter has been written with aim to give a reasonable account of the topic with questions after each experiment for students in a clear and easy manner for viva-voce preparation.
Estimated Delivery for Urban Areas 3 to 4 Days
Estimated Delivery for Rural Areas 5 to 7 Days
|Dimensions||24 × 16 × 1 cm|
Table of Content
Note: Few of the experiments of Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy
practical course listed here require adequate numbers of desktop
computers with internet connectivity, adequate drug information
resources including reference books, different types of surgical dressings and other medical devices and accessories. Various charts, models, exhibits pertaining to the experiments shall also be displayed in the laboratory.
1. Systematic approach to drug information queries using primary
/ secondary / tertiary resources of information (2 cases)
2. Interpretation of laboratory reports to optimize the drug therapy in a given clinical case (2 cases)
3. Filling up IPC’s ADR Reporting Form and perform causality
assessments using various scales (2 cases)
4. Demonstration / simulated / hands-on experience on the identification, types, use /application /administration of
Orthopaedic and Surgical Aids such as knee cap, LS belts,
abdominal belt, walker, walking sticks, etc. Different types of bandages such as sterile gauze, cotton, crepe bandages, etc. Needles, syringes, catheters, IV set, urine bag, RYLE’s tube, urine pots, colostomy bags, oxygen masks, etc.
5. Case studies on drug-drug interactions (any 2 cases)
6. Wound dressing (simulated cases and role play –minimum 2 cases)
7. Vaccination and injection techniques (IV, IM, SC) using mannequins (5 activities)
8. Use of Hospital Pharmacy Software and various digital health tools.
Salient features include:
- This book starts with the basic concept and understanding of this subject and this book will help students by providing the detailed but prominent information.
- The objective of making this book the best in segment has been fully achieved by systematic covering new PCI syllabus of this subject.
- We hope students will appreciate this book as resource for appropriate subject knowledge and aid to gain good marks in the examination.