|Publishers||R. Narain Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Dr. Mayank Kulshrestha, Praveen Kumar Dixit & Krishn Kumar Agrawal|
|Subject||Pharmacology – III|
Pharmacology – III
Availability: In stock
This text book on Pharmacology-III is meant for undergraduate pharmacy students. This book cover advanced pharmacology especially for the students of B. Pharm sixth semester. Book contains the detailed topics of drugs acting on respiratory system, GITs, chemotherapy of tuberculosis, cancer, leprosy, malaria, viral, fungal, UTIs, immune-pharmacology, principle of toxicology and chrono-pharmacology.
Estimated Delivery for Urban Areas 3 to 4 Days
Estimated Delivery for Rural Areas 5 to 7 Days
Table of Content
- Pharmacology of drugs acting on Respiratory system: Anti -asthmatic drugs, Drugs used in the management of COPD, Expectorants and antitussives, Nasal decongestants, Respiratory stimulants
- Pharmacology of drugs acting on the Gastrointestinal Tract: Antiulcer agents, Drugs for constipation and diarrhea, Appetite stimulants and suppressants, Digestants and carminatives, Emetics and anti-emetics
- Chemotherapy: General principles of chemotherapy, Sulfonamides and cotrimoxazole, Antibiotics- Penicillins, cephalosporins, chloramphenicol, macrolides, quinolones and fluoroquinolins, tetracycline and aminoglycosides
- Chemotherapy: Antitubercular agents, Antileprotic agents, Antifungal agents, Antiviral drugs, Anthelmintics, Antimalarial drugs, Antiamoebic agents
- Chemotherapy: Urinary tract infections and sexually transmitted diseases, Chemotherapy of malignancy
- Immunopharmacology: Immunostimulants, Immunosuppressant, Protein drugs, monoclonal antibodies, target drugs to antigen, biosimilars
- Principles of toxicology: Definition and basic knowledge of acute, subacute and chronic toxicity, Definition and basic knowledge of genotoxicity, carcinogenicity, teratogenicity and mutagenicity, General principles of treatment of poisoning, Clinical symptoms and management of barbiturates, morphine, organophosphosphorus compound and lead, mercury and arsenic poisoning.
- Chronopharmacology: Definition of rhythm and cycles, Biological clock and their significance leading to chronotherapy
Salient features include:
- All the chapters described in this book are as per the guidelines given by the Pharmacy council of India for the undergraduates students.
- Most of the mechanism of action is explained diagrammatically for better understanding of the action. The substantial amount of information is added particularly in all major topics.
- This book contains five units that cover the entire syllabus prescribed by PCI.
- We hope the students learn various aspects of advanced pharmacology would be benefited from this book.
Amit Singh –
R. Narain Publishers are giving a real pralform among the students by providing books of different streams. These books have real context of knowledge which will help us for gathering required consepts of studies.
Omkaar Mehta –
Gr8 services On time delivery Premium quality
nitin parjapati –
Effective matter in books in very less amount. Such a useful books for students and professionals
Qurshi Khan –
Updated Study material according to course design. Must buy.