|Publishers||R. Narain Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Dr. Kiran Singh Sharma|
Pharmaceutics Book By RNPD | Pharmacy Series (AS PER PCI ER-2020)
Pharmaceutics is a core subject in D. Pharm, which is taught in the first year. It is the branch of pharmacy that deals with the process of converting a novel chemical entity (NCE) or an existing medicine into a medication that patients may use safely and efficiently. It’s also known as dosage form design science where a student learns various techniques of developing a formulation. Many compounds have pharmacological characteristics, but many require specific handling to obtain therapeutically relevant concentrations at their areas of action. Pharmaceutics aids in the connection between medication formulation, distribution and disposal in the body.
Estimated Delivery for Urban Areas 3 to 4 Days
Estimated Delivery for Rural Areas 5 to 7 Days
Table of Content
1. History of Profession of Pharmacy/
Introduction to Pharmacopoeia
2. Packaging Materials
3. Pharmaceutical Aids
4. Unit Operations- Size Reduction/Separation, Mixing,
Filtration, Drying & Extraction
5. Processing of Tablets
6. Processing of Capsules
7. Liquid Oral Preparations
8. Topical Preparations
9. Nasal Preparations
10. Powders & Granules
11. Sterile Formulations
12. Immunity & Immunological Preparations
13. Quality Control & Assurance
14. Novel Drug Delivery System
Multiple Choice Question
Salient features include
- The book is designed to meet the needs of diploma in pharmacy students studying for the very first time in their curriculum.
- Thus complexity of the matter has been avoided with a view that complete course content has to be completed by the student in limited time period.
- The subject matter has been presented in a lucid, comprehensive and systematic manner which is easy to understand and also develops writing ability for students to score good marks in upcoming examination.
- Course content has been divided into topic and in chapters form according to curriculum framed by Pharmacy Council of India.